The Japanese Gov. the Declaration state of Emergency against COVID-19.
The declaration is currently valid until Wednesday, May 6th.
Please be careful while traveling, but don't worry.
(1) Please read this article carefully about consulting a medical institution.
(2) It is important to wash hands thoroughly.
〈〈HOW TO USE MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS?〉〉
Japanese medical institutions may not be accepted without symptoms. In the case of a new coronavirus, appropriate measures will be taken.
● If you have a cold such as fever, measure your body temperature daily and refrain from going out.
▶ Please contact us by phone if any of the following applies.
(1) When fever of 37.5 degrees or more continues for more than 4 days with the symptoms of a cold.
(2) If you feel heavy or short of breath.
The following people are more likely to be seriously ill, so please contact us if conditions (1) and (2) last for about 2 days.
・ Elderly (65 years old or older)
・ Patients with underlying diseases such as diabetes / heart failure / respiratory disease (such as COPD) and patients undergoing dialysis.
・ People using immunosuppressants or anticancer drugs.
・ Pregnant women
At this time, there are no reports that children are likely to be severe. In addition, the number of people with other illnesses such as flu is overwhelmingly high. Please consult by phone before visiting a medical institution.
This website provides a "Multilingual Medical Questionnaire" in 18 languages designed to inform Japanese doctors of the symptoms of illness or injury.
Available languages: Chinese, Korean / Korean, Tagalog, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese, English, Thai, Indonesian, Cambodian, Nepali, Lao, German, Russian, French, Persian , Arabic, Croatian
Click here ▶http://www.kifjp.org/medical/
©NPO International Community Hearty Konandai / ©Kanagawa International Foundation
〈How to visit a hospital? ① to ③〉
① Find medical institutions that can accept foreign patients.
→ You can search on the JNTO web page. There is also a how to guide.
②Check the contents of the Medical Questionnaire (問診票) and contact the medical institution by phone.
内科 : Internal medicine
呼吸器内科 : Respiratory medicine
③If you have a Medical Patient Registration Form prepared, the response will be performed accurately.
診療申込書 : Patient Registration Form
If you look at the Estimated medical expenses documents, you will not have a problem with medical expenses.
概算医療費 : Estimated medical expenses documents
＊The above files are available in Portuguese / Spanish.
The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare has notified relation to the new coronavirus to medical institutions in ①. In addition, in order to supplement the medical treatment of foreigners, medical institutions ware notified of a window for telephone interpretation on holidays and nights (17:00 to 9:00 on weekdays / 24 hours on weekends and holidays).
● Wash your hands frequently with running water and soap. Thoroughly wash your hands, especially after going out or coughing, before touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
● If you cough or sneeze, cover your nose with a tissue or hand. Then discard the tissue and wash your hands with running water and soap.
● When disinfecting the skin, use rubbing alcohol.
● Sodium hypochlorite (diluted as indicated on the product) is effective for disinfecting the surface of objects. Wipe it off with a paper towel etc. that contains a sufficient amount of disinfectant solution. Avoid spraying, as it can cause incomplete disinfection and virus outbreaks.